Are You Seeking Help With LGBT Concerns?
But Having Trouble Finding a local therapist?
You may want to try online counseling
Are you having trouble finding supportive counseling in your area?
Do you live a long distance from counseling services?
Do you want counseling that you know will be anonymous?
Have you had negative experiences with local providers?
Are you the parent of an LGBT person and want to know how you can be more supportive?
As an LGBT person in a rural area or a smaller city, you might be finding it difficult to find a counselor.
You may not have access to a local provider at all. Your local therapists may lack training and deep experience in LGBT issues and concerns.
If you've had a bad experience with the local healthcare system, you might even decide to forego treatment altogether.
I'm a gay counselor based in Atlanta who specializes in working with LGBT individuals and their families.
I grew up in the South, and I understand how hard it can be to find support in smaller communities. I also get the unique pressures that gay and lesbian people face in the south.
If you're looking for a counselor who understands you, I'd like to be of help--even if you live far away from my office.
I offer video therapy to individuals throughout Georgia
Online counseling is an effective way to provide mental health care.
- Video therapy has been rigorously studied for over a decade, and has been proven to be beneficial to clients.
- Online counseling produces clinically similar clinical outcomes to in person counseling.
- Patients report video counseling is just as satisfying as in person sessions.
- Even brief, online therapy can be better than no treatment at all.
- Video counseling allows you to schedule appointments at a time that is convenient to you and you don't even have to leave your house.
You'll pay local rates that are competitive with providers near where you live
If you live in Valdosta you'll pay Valdosta rates, not Atlanta rates
How Does Online Counseling Work?
Video therapy is a secure and convenient way to work with a mental health professional.
Sessions take place in a location of your choice.
You'll need a computer and a high speed internet connection.
When you schedule a session, I will send you a link to a portal and login information.
Here are a few things you can do to make therapy more confidential and secure:
- Find a quiet, private room where you cannot be overheard and you are free from distractions.
- Keep your computer up to date, including antivirus protections and the latest version of your operating system.
- Close other apps and turn off notifications while we're meeting.
- Have an emergency plan in place including who to contact in a crisis.
Getting started is easy. Just contact me using the button below
If you're ready to start making improvements in your life, I hope you'll contact me using the button below. You can contact me using an online form, voice mail, text message, or email.
Please note, that online counseling is only available for individuals who live outside metro Atlanta. I am not in network with any insurance companies. I charge different rates for services depending on your location in Georgia and your ability to pay. A limited number of reduced fee sessions are available. You must be in Georgia at the time of service.